FREE Workshop – Intro to Metal Additive Manufacturing
9-5pm, Friday 28th January 2022
About this event
The University of Plymouth Digital Fabrication and Immersive Media Labs are hosting “Breaking Ground: Metal Additive Manufacturing”, a full-day event which will provide an introduction into this rapidly developing and disruptive landscape of technologies for the Plymouth business community.
The event will consist of demos, presentations and Q&A sessions centered around two key themes split into the following sessions;
- Morning Session: Designing for Metal Additive manufacturing
- Afternoon Session: Identifying and Resolving Bottlenecks in adoption of Metal Additive Manufacturing technologies for business
Attendees will have an opportunity to familiarise themselves with three key technologies in different cost segments:
- Metal Fused Filament Fabrication – under £10,000
- Direct Energy Deposition – £10,000-£200,000
- Powder Bed Fusion – £200,000 +
The speakers will present samples, demos and answer engineering and business questions regarding these technologies.