The Devon Net Zero Innovation fund
The Devon Net Zero Innovation fund is in place to enable collaborations between Devon enterprises and University of Plymouth academic researchers. The aim is to help Devon enterprises to develop new products or services for the low carbon sector, with funding of up to £7,500 per enterprise.
The Fund is a research and innovation opportunity funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), delivered through the Low Carbon Devon project at the University of Plymouth. The aim is to bring Devon enterprises together with University of Plymouth academics to collaborate to accelerate the development of new products or services in the low carbon sector, or other sectors, leading to a reduction in carbon emissions.
The opportunity aligns with the UK Government’s Build Back Better strategy as the UK shifts towards a net zero carbon future; recognising that working towards net zero is a major opportunity for economic growth and job creation across the UK and particularly in Devon with its rich natural capital and innovative technologies.
- The call opened on Monday 12 July 2021.
- Deadlinefor applications – 28 October 2021 (12.00 midday) (after this time, no applications can be accepted)
- Scoring of applications will take place in November 2021 and upon approval, partnerships will have 6 months to deliver their project.
- Completion – The collaborative project must be completed by 31/05/22
- Budget– up to £7,500 will be allocated per collaboration
- Applications– please email all enquiries and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly entitled “DNZIF” and company name / academic name.
Who can apply?
- Applications will need to be led by an eligible Devon enterprise – in partnership with a University of Plymouth academic(s).
- Existing or new collaborations are welcomed.
Objectives of the Devon Net Zero Innovation Fund
This fund is designed to encourage new industries to emerge and to boost investment in the development of low carbon products and services:
- to enable Devon enterprises to address key low carbon challenges and opportunities through new product / service development
- to enable at least 10 eligible Devon enterprises to develop new, commercially viable products / services for the low carbon economy
- to enable Devon enterprises to collaborate with University of Plymouth academic researcher expertise that falls outside of the Low Carbon Devon Industrial Research Fellow (IRF) expertise (i.e. Green Walls, Power Electronics, Energy Efficiency in Buildings (Occupant Behaviour) and Creative Industries)
- to support diversification of technology from one industrial sector to another to support low carbon ambitions.
Call to action
- Now– register your interest in this funding opportunity and raise any queries direct with the project team at email@example.com
- Register to attend our ‘Take Action: Devon Net Zero Innovation Fund’ information and questions event on 22 September 2021 at 4.00pm
Application form – here
Guidance notes – here