The Sustainable Cycling Symposium – CROWDFUNDER APPEAL
Combating Climate Change by complete cycle sustainability. If we can raise £20,000, The Sustainable Cycling Symposium (SCS) will deliver at least 12 cycle events next year (running March/April to September/October22).
We need to secure £2,000 by 30 sponsors by Monday the 8th of November for the chance to win at least £7,500 but up to £20,000 in Plymouth City Council funding.
The SCS will link up multiple cycle services in one location to ensure maximisation of cycle usage across the city. This will include:
- Bike security tagging & security advice
- Provision of cycle safety training (Bikeability etc.) for all ages
- Delivery of “exchanging places” safety awareness training (vehicle blind spots & safe passing distances etc.)
- Bike safety checks & services by trained mechanics
- Green & clean air travel routing advice
- Provision of abandoned & donated bikes to people of low socio-economic status
- Link up of all interested stakeholders to enable a greater cycling culture, competence & connectivity across Plymouth
2019 cycling levels demonstrated the”Highest level of cycling on the public highway since the 1960s” (Department for Transport’s (DfT) ‘Road Traffic Estimates Great Britain 2020’); let’s get Plymouth cycling!